六、 Talking About Yesterday 谈论昨天的事
- When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上几点起床?
- At about seven. 七点左右。
- I heard the clock, but I didn't get up until 9. 我听见闹钟了,但我捱到九点才起。
- I woke up seven and got up right away. 我七点醒了,然后马上起床了。
- I hurried to my office. 我匆忙赶到办公室。
- I had my breakfast on the way. 我在路上吃的早饭。
- I was just on time. 我刚好赶上。
- I was 10 minutes late. 我迟到了十分钟。
- I had lunch with a friend of mine. 我和我的一个朋友一块吃了午饭。
- I finished my work at 6 p.m. 下午6点我下班了。
- I stayed and did some extra1 work. 我留下加了一会儿班。
- The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early.
电视节目很无聊,所以我早早睡了。 - I read a magazine in bed. 我躺在床上看杂志。
- I didn't sleep well. 我没睡好。
- I slept soundly all night. 我整夜睡的很熟。
七、 Talking With Friends 与朋友聊天
- Hi, Joe, is it really you? 乔,你好,真是你吗?
- Hi, Ann. Nice to see you again. 安,你好。真高兴再次见到你。
- It's been a whole year since I last saw you. 我整整一年没见你了。
- Yes, but you look as pretty now, as you did then. 但你看起来还是那么漂亮。
- Oh, thank you. How have you been these days? 欧,谢谢。这段时间你好吗?
- Not too bad. 不太糟。
- But you sound so sad. 但听起来你很悲伤。
- Yes, I lost my pet cat yesterday. 是啊,昨天我的宠物猫丢了。
- Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. 听到这消息我很遗憾。
- That's all right. 没事儿。
- Have you seen Kate lately2? 最近你看见凯特了吗?
- No, I have no contact3 with her. 没有。我和她没有一点儿联系。
- I heard she got married4 last week. 我听说她上星期结婚了。
- Oh, how nice. Sorry, I've got to go now. 那真好。对不起,我必须得走了。
- So do I. See you later. Keep in touch. 我也是,再见。记得联系哦。
八、 Talking About The Past 谈论过去
- I used5 to take a walk in the early morning. 我过去常一大早出去散步。
- He used to live in my neighborhood. 他曾与我是邻居。
- Did you use to go fishing with friends? 过去你常和朋友钓鱼吗?
- We have known6 each other for 6 years. 我们认识有六年了。
- It has been a long time since last came here. 自从我上次来这里已经有很长时间了。
- Have you seen Mr. Smith recently? 最近你见过史密斯先生吗?
- They've been working on this project since last year.
他们从去年开始一直都在做这个项目。 - I've been watching TV all night. 我看了一整晚的电视。
- The movie began as soon as we got there. 我们一到那儿电影就开始了。
- When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. 我到车站时,火车已经开了。
- The late arrival7 of the ship had messed8 up all our plans.
船到晚了,把我们的计划全打乱了。 - I had thought he knew the time of the meeting. 我原以为他知道开会时间。
- They had expected me to go with them. 他们原本希望我和他们一起去。
- That was the third time that I had visited the place. 那是我第三次参观那地方了。
- After I had finished my paper, I put it in the drawer. 我写完论文,就把它放在抽屉了。
九、 Asking About The Address 询问地址
- Hi, Jack9, where do you live now? 你好,杰克,你现在住哪儿?
- I live at 203 Curzon Street. 我住在可胜街203号。
- Curzon Street? Isn't Mary living there? 可胜街?玛丽不是也住那儿吗?
- Yes, she lives just across the street. 是的,她就住在街对面。
- How long have you stayed there? 你在那儿住多久了?
- Just a few months. 才几个月。
- How about Mary? How long has she lived there? 玛丽怎么样?她在那儿住多久了?
- She's been living there since her birth. 她生下来就住那儿。
- Will you stay there for long? 你会在那儿待很长时间吗?
- No, I'll move to Hollywood10 next month. 不,我下个月搬到好莱坞去。
- Oh, really? I'm moving there too. 真的?我也会搬到那儿去。
- Great. Then we can drink beer together. 棒极了,我们可以一起喝啤酒了。
- Yes, and you may stay there longer. 对,而且你也许会在那儿住久一些。
- I hope so. 希望如此。
- I'm sure we'll have a good time. 我相信我们会很开心的。
十、 Asking Questions 提问题
- Where are you going? 你去哪儿?
- Where did you go for dinner yesterday? 你们昨天去哪儿吃的饭?
- When will he come to see you? 他什么时候来看你?
- When did you buy the car? 你什么时候买的车?
- Who told you? 谁告诉你的?
- Who will accompany11 you to the airport? 谁将陪你去机场?
- Why don't you agree? 你为什么不同意?
- Why not go out for a walk? 干吗不出去散步?
- How did you doing spend your holiday? 你假期怎么过的?
- How are you doing these days? 这些日子你怎么样?
- What did he say in the letter? 他在信里说什么了?
- What are you going to do with the books? 你打算拿这些书怎么办?
- What were you doing when I called? 我打电话给你时你在干吗?
- I was about to leave. 我正要出门。
- Can you guess what I was doing this morning? 你能猜到今天上午我在做什么吗?
最新回复